www.torun.pl

Castles

  • Dybowski Castle
    Dybowski Castle was erected on the left bank of the Vistula by Władysław Jagiełło as the seat of the Polish starosts and a strategic military point to the enforcement of the traffic control on the Vistula and the Polish-Teutonic border. Its construction began probably around 1423-1425, but already in the first period it was rebuilt several times.
  • The castle in Toruń is among the oldest structures of that kind erected by the knights of the Teutonic Order on the right side of the Vistula river. Its construction began in mid 13th century.